Year 5 & 6
Week beginning 23rd March
Home Learning Letter click here.
Please record work in the book provided.
Set aside time for your child to read for at least 20 minutes each day.
Set aside time to read a story or to discuss books with your child each day.
5 reading comprehensions have been sent home. Encourage your child to underline the answer in the text before writing it the space
Sent home with the children are 5 Maths Family learning sheets.
Use a double page spread in your books for each of the challenges.
Spend at least 20 minutes a day, on quick fire maths: learning tables, key facts etc – My Maths
The children in year 6 have access to My Maths- all have logins that they use regularly in their reading record books.
10 minutes a day SAT books- to complete one a day
SATs question book to work their way through.
BBC revise wise has some great ideas
Music Task: To research and produce a short presentation of your favourite artist/ band
- Background info e.g. date of birth, where they grew up etc.
- Best songs/ hits – chart positions (include sound clips if possible)
- Info on all their albums, including CD artwork and track listings
- Concerts/ festivals/ tours that they have performed in
- TV appearances – what shows have they performed on?
- Influences that inspired this artist e.g. Dr Dre for Eminem
- Trivia – unusual info that not many people know
- …plus much more
Learning Journey: Research a Country of your choice
Label the map with:
- 5 oceans
- 7 continents
- 5 European countries and their capital cities
- Draw in the Equator, Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn
Research the country:
- Use the internet to research
- Watch a program or documentary
Make notes on what you find
- Think about:
- The geographical features
- The climate / weather
- Animals and wildlife
- Flora and Fauna
- Traditional Foods
Write a draft report on your country;
Your piece should have an
At least 5 paragraphs
A summary / ending