Personal, Social and Health Education
At Bassetts Farm, our intent is to provide a PSHE curriculum that gives children the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to keep themselves healthy and safe. The curriculum should prepare them for the next stage of their life and work and the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
The learning is grouped into three core themes: Health and well-being; Relationships and Living in the wider world
We aim for PSHE within school to:
- Contribute to a broad, enriching and successful curriculum that is accessible and ambitious for all children, enabling them to reach their full potential through a love of learning for life.
- To develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to manage life’s challenges and make the most of life’s opportunities, such as resilience, self-esteem, risk-management, teamworking and critical thinking. PSHE education also makes a unique contribution to safeguarding; helping schools to fulfil their statutory duty to teach pupils to keep themselves safe
- Reflect our school local context by teaching safety at the beach and near water as well as keeping safe on line, near roads and within relationships and the wider community. Our curriculum develops an understanding of the children’s immediate environment and also the wider world in which we live.
- Cultural capital is at the heart of every PSHE lesson helping students to understand and navigate a rapidly changing 21st Century world.
- Address social disadvantage by tackling barriers to learning, raising aspirations, and improving the life chances of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils. Our PSHE curriculum is accessible to all. It is adapted and developed to meet individual and cohort needs.
- Ensure all children achieve good standards and they strive to excel. Our PSHE curriculum is accessible to all. It is adapted and developed to meet individual and cohort needs.
For a copy of the PSHE Curriculum Letter please click here
RELATIONSHIP AND SEX EDUCATION POLICY
Relationship and Sex Education Policy.
The Rationale for RSE is to embrace the challenges of creating a happy and successful adult life, pupils need knowledge that will enable them to make informed decisions about their wellbeing, health and relationships and to build their self-efficacy.