Literacy based TA with MTA
Required from April or earlier if possible.
The TA will support the school through helping to manage the school library and through delivering small group reading intervention CODE.
11:45- 12:45pm Lunchtime MTA
12:45- 1:15pm Library time
1:15pm – 3:15pm CODE intervention
CODE is a carefully devised program that supports children to catch up with their reading. Training will be provided.
In addition there will be 30 minutes each day to support the day to day running of the library:
- stacking shelves,
- creating mini displays to encourage reading.
- Managing the issuing and returning of the library’s stock
- Shelving stock and keeping the library in good order
- Withdrawing stock under the direction of the literacy co ordinator
- Provide support for cataloguing of new material to the library collection. Processing new material so that it is ready for shelving
- Managing the library management system and supporting its use by students
- Help library users find material to meet their needs
- Encourage pupils and staff in using the library through supporting a range of library based activities
- Work towards and support the school vision and current school objectives as outlined in the school development plan
Please apply using the application below by Monday 11th February.
There is also a possibility of a 1:1 TA to work with a child with ASD. If you have an interest in this area, please contact the school office. If this position becomes available it would be for 5 mornings a week with MTA.
Volunteer Application Form
- Application Form in PDF