‘A high-quality music education should engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.’ Department of Education, National Curriculum.
At Bassetts Farm our intent is to provide a music curriculum which will enable each child to reach their full potential in music, encourage children to enjoy singing, composing and performing and provide children with the opportunity to perform in front of an audience both within and outside of school.
- For music to contribute to a broad, enriching and successful curriculum that is ambitious for all children.
- To develop the skills and knowledge that children need to take advantages of opportunities, responsibilities and experiences later in life.
- To work with the local community on events and performances.
- To ensure all children achieve at least a good standard and strive to excel.
- To address social disadvantage by ensuring all pupils have access to listening to live music, performing in groups and individually; and through giving wide experiences.
- To develop Cultural capital- engendering an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.
To listen to Rock Bands latest click the image.
Music Visiting Teachers
for Instrumental lessons
We have visiting teachers each week that can offer your child a wide range of instruments should they wish to have private lessons:
Music is a strength at Bassetts Farm and we encourage all children to learn to play music, to listen with appreciation and to compose.
Each year, children will have whole class lessons on different instruments developing the child's understanding of rhythm, pitch and harmony.