What should our children wear?
We want all children at Bassetts Farm Community Primary School to take a pride in their appearance. We want our children to wear a uniform that is smart and practical and adhered to by all parents. We feel that the children’s appearance helps to set high standards of behaviour and personal achievement.
The school has developed a logo which has been embroidered onto the school sweatshirts and PE T-shirts. These area available to purchase from Proserve (details below). Parents have the option of purchasing the remainder of the school uniform from either Proserve or any stockist of their choice.
- White polo shirts (not roll necks)
- Mid grey school trousers/skirts/pinafores
- Navy sweatshirts / cardigans with the school logo.
- Blue gingham dresses, white socks
- Navy or grey tights/socks
- Black, flat shoes. (No coloured stripes etc)
Proper clothing is essential in all forms of P.E. for reasons of health and safety.
- Black shorts
- Gold T-shirts- Reception may choose to wear their white polo shirts
- Trainers – not plimsolls
- Navy jogging tops and bottoms for outside PE (cold weather)
Children in Key Stage 2 classes go in turn to Exmouth swimming pool throughout the year. A swimming costume and towel will be required for this.
For reasons of safety the only jewellery that may be worn are watches and single stud earrings in pierced ears. Medical bracelets/necklaces may be worn.
Make-up and nail varnish are not allowed in any form.
Hair should be of a reasonable length, natural appearance and conventional style. For reasons of safety long hair should be tied back with small navy/grey/white hair bands or slides. Hair bands should be perfunctory and not for decorative purposes.