Free School Meals
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
How to apply:-
If you would like us to apply on your behalf please fill this form and return it to the office : Word Format PDF
To find out if your child is eligible for Free School Meals you can make a quick and easy check through this portal:
The process of applying for free school meals can be completed in less than a minute and you will receive an instant decision on your entitlement.
Please print the confirmation screen or take a screenshot and bring into school as proof.
You will be able to get the Free School Meals from the day that this is presented to the school.
Please note Free School Meals is separate to Universal Free Meals to which all foundation , year 1 and 2 children automatically receive.
Universal Infant Free Meals
- The Government introduced Universal Infant Free School Meals for all Key Stage 1 pupils from September 2014.
- All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in state-funded schools in England are eligible for Universal Infant Free School Meals.
- Your child/ children will automatically receive this; you do not need to apply.